Pictures that Say a Thousand Words?
Sunday, April 24, 2005
 
Today is NPCC Day Parade
My friend says that my postings are generally very ideological and fuzzy. This may not be a very good thing to be done since i want to share my thoughts with people around me, especially for 4 Charles. So i guess i might have to write simpler things that can be easily understood.

Today i seemed to have seen a glimpse of myself many years back. It was also NPCC Day Parade and i was right at the same place. Many trainings had taken place before that and each training was itself a gruelling experience. Our entire squad was in the Guard of Honour Contingent and some of our secondary 3 juniors were also with us.

However i had failed to march in the parade square on the actual day.

I was suffering from a really bad cough and each time i coughed, my body would shake uncontrollably. Thus i had to make the painful decision to let another reserve to stand in for me. I took over the camera and i took down shots of my unit marching off in the TRACOM parade square.

It was a mix of emotions when i saw them march off at that time.

It would be my last parade in the unit, and very soon I would have to leave the juniors of whom i had grown to love. They seemed all so ready to take over then. I was leaving. My squadmates are marching off in their smart no.1 uniform. I was holding the camera. The crowd was cheering. We are the no.1 Gold Unit. We sang the school song proudly and loudly in front of all the people at the place. We... ....

Why would i sacrifice the chance to be on the parade square? Especially when i had not missed a single training session? Even if I was subjected to tremendous pressure to be leading the entire sec 3 and 4 squad every time to the training sessions? To pull it through the trainings even if my fellow peers might be sabotaging now and then through not attending trainings or just plainly making things difficult?

It is now that i realised, I did not want to walk the last distance. I did not want to experience the final glory that would lead me to my exit from a place and from people whom i have grown to love so much.

But wish as i might, time does not hold still for anyone. So treasure it is that we must do for the things that we love and sacrifice for what we hold dear. I have chosen this CCA to be a commitment, and as commitment it shall remain.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger